Thursday, December 8, 2011

letter about lit.

Michael Crouse
 
Dear Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman,
            I was reading your book, “From Baghda With Love” for my English III class. As a project, or assignment, through out the year each quarter everyone from the class picks a book off the read for a lifetime list and yours book was on there. After reading the review of your book it seemed like it would be an excited emotional story.  So I picked it signed it out of the school library and began my quest to read your book. The gut jarring visuals of war along with the heart pulling torment of and young puppy created a story that took me on an emotional roller coaster into the world of war. This book gave me a great perspective of love, friendship, and pain.  I would have to say this book was far better then the last book that I chose, “Half Brother” which was about a family who try to adapt a monkey into modern society and train it to be like a human. It seems sort of ridiculous but it was not bad plus it would be fun to live with a primate. I think your book was a better paced more emotional book though. I found it very interesting that the dog was de-wormed with chewing tobacco and de-fleed with kerosene. I never thought that would have worked but its sort of ironic because about a week and a half before reading that part of your book a friend of mine told me that chewing tobacco can de-worm creatures and I did not believe him but he must have been telling the truth, he dint even read that from your book, so I thought that was pretty cool. I also found it strange that there were several dogs in the desert as you explains in the beginning of chapter 12. I would not have thought there are any dogs in the desert at all so I think that’s kind of cool that there were dozens and you fed them MREs to make some friends. Overall I think you had a good book and I would recommend it to anyone interested I enjoyed your story and I may see if you have any other books available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment